By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Any giants out there need a pair of felted clogs?



Here was my attempt at making felted clogs. It took about a night or 2 to knit one clog. They are huge but are knitted with 2 strands of yarn at one time on 9mm round needles so knit up pretty fast. As I was finishing the second one I noticed that the Briggs and Little yarn I was using was not the Hertitage type that I normally use. It was Tuffy, and was only 80% Wool!! 20% Nylon. Now I was scared they wouldn't felt well, but since I'd already knit them I threw them in with my felted clutch. The felted clutch was completed felting after 2 agitation cycles... the clogs went through countless cycles for 4 hours! And then I put them in the dryer too because I was desparate. They are still not the proper size, were supposed to be ladies size 8. I want to try them again with 100% wool, but I'm a little nervous since this one didn't work, but it was probably the wool type. Lesson learned, that's for sure.

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They still look cozy Tan. You couldjust knit some inner booties and then wear these as the extra warm layer. Hey, have you heard of a book called "The yarn harlot"? I saw it in a fun little store here that has knitting lessons and which makes custom dog and baby blanket. Who knew knitting could be so racy....

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

hi tanya - this is my first visit to your blog and I absolutely LOVE your felted bags. They both look awesome. I would definitely try the clogs again with 100% wool - I have no doubt they'd turn out perfectly. Oh, by the way, Clancy is SO cute!!

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

oh yeah - almost forgot! I got your comment on the ribbon scarf and will hook you up with the pattern - couldn't find an email address to send it to though. Mine is knittenknots@hotmail.com if you want to send your email address along to that account, I'll get the pattern out to you. :-)

 
At Sunday, February 19, 2006, Blogger Tanya said...

Kate, I haven't heard of the yarn Harlot... I'll have to keep my eyes open for this. Anything can be racy, it depends on who's involved :o)

 
At Sunday, February 19, 2006, Blogger Tanya said...

Thanks for the encouraging words. If you check out my lastest post I've found someone to fit the clogs, so now they are a success, and I will definitely be making more.

 
At Sunday, March 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a fellow Maritimer -from across the Fundy in Nova Scotia-I had to tell you I love the pics of your knitted wares.. I made the same clogs from an unravelled sweater from Frenchy's. I love them... next project is the Kyoto sweater from the Knitty.com website, then the Judy Jetson sweater....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home