By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Touring on a Sunny Saturday

It has been a beautiful Saturday... finally the sun is shining and it feels like spring again. The week long of cold rain was starting to really be a damper.

My husband, Troy, and I set out to have an artsie tour this afternoon. We stopped at the Art Shack, a local art store in town, followed by the Dieppe Farmers market. I love the coffee at the market! I picked up some Wolfhead salmon which is a real treat. I first tried it at the Moncton Wine & Food show. It's the best smoked salmon around... can't wait to have some tonight with a nice glass of red wine... oooh!

Our final destination was London-Wul, of course. Troy had never been there and I really wanted him to understand why it is an accomplishment when I come home from there with only one ball of yarn! That is a real struggle when I'd like to buy every color of every type. Troy loved the place! He took pictures of everything colorful, which is almost everything in the shop, mostly because he was just in a picture taking mood (I think it was the sunny day, spurs on his photography side). My favorite and his was the Fleece Artist Sea Silk in a pink and green color (worth enlarging the photo). Maybe I'll get that as a surprise present someday, it would be even better than flowers (hint to Troy if you are reading).



My goal at the wool store was to pick up the yarn required to make the Wobbly Circles Tote from the Spring Interweave magazine. I'm using the Lopi yarn and there was a great selection of colors. So many in fact that I had to enlist a couple of fellow knitters to help me choose. I'm very happy with my selections and I think I'll start on it tonight (even though I should be finishing the Lovely lace sock, 1 inch until the toe).

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 25, 2006, Blogger Heidi, at London-Wul said...

Awesome colour choice Tanya!
I can't beleive you're quilting as well.. do you ever sleep?
Hope to see you Wednesday.

 
At Wednesday, April 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a very cool picture Tan! I had to really take a good look at it to really 'see' it. Your photographers' eye is getting sharper too! Keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home