By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Weekend of knitting

This weekend has been full of knitting maddness!

First event was that I finished the first Simply Lace Sock. I really like it and it fits perfect... but... I would choose not to do the picot top the next time. I think the ribbing would have been a better choice for form fitting your leg. But I'm not starting over.

Now the challenge is to start the second sock so I have a pair for spring time. I took one step towards this, and one step back today. I did go to buy the second skein I needed to complete the second sock, so I am one step closer. I learned something neat too, which I guess is common sense but I'd never thought about it. You can weigh the finished item (sock in this case) and then weigh the remainder of the ball of yarn you have left to determine if you have enough to make the item. In this case, my sock weighed 32 oz and the remaining ball was 20 oz... so I had to buy another. Of course you need a pretty accurate scale for this, but it saves the unsure guessing.

Second event of the weekend was that I started and COMPLETED a felted purse in the flap style. This is my second one like this. The first one I used Lopi and this one I used wool from Japan called Noro Kureyon. They both turned out really well... the Lopi is very fuzzy compared to the Noro yarn, so it is really a personal prefeLinkrence which one is better, and I guess depends on the project too. I love the colors in this wool.

Third event: I sold a pair of Thrummed Mittons to my brother-in-law! I wasn't even trying to make a sale... he saw them and loved them for a friend and that was that. These were my first and only thrummed mittons, but I do have supplies to make another pair in green. I think that will have to wait for mitten season.

Fourth event: Knitting Group trip to London Wul Store! Line and Calleen joined me in an adventurous Sunday afternoon trip out to the farm and store. Calleen had never been there before and she really liked the dog, Angus, the biggest Nfld dog ever and Osira is was around. He is the friendliest bird I've ever met, and also the first bird I've every met.

Now for this coming week I have a very pink felted bag under way. I'm using the pink yarn I bought earlier. I'm using a pattern from kitty.com as a start. The yarn is from Fleece Artist and is awesome to work with and the color is fabulous.


One last item for this weekend is that I picked up 2 beautifully colored skeins of Briggs and Little Sport yarn. Not sure yet what the plan is for these but I might give the 2 round needle sock trick a try with these. The colors scream spring to me, so I'll have to do a lacy pair of socks to wear on the cool days of spring, maybe in a stripe pattern so I can use both colors together. I'm now in search of a pattern.

5 Comments:

At Monday, April 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tanya, let me know how the French Market Bag turns out. I made one before Christmas, out of B&L wool, it didn't turn out the best but I'm blaming the wool!

 
At Monday, April 10, 2006, Blogger Tanya said...

Kim, which bottom did you use for your Market Bag? Did you use the first option, knitting it in the round that forms a circle like crocheting, or the alternative way, straight knitting?
Just curious..

 
At Tuesday, April 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great picture of Angus, he's huge!

 
At Wednesday, October 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
I'm from Moncton also.
I was just wondering where you purchased the Kureyon yarn?
Thanks

 
At Wednesday, October 04, 2006, Blogger Tanya said...

Hello Anonymous.. I don't have an email to right you back at so I hope you check this posting for your answer.

London-Wul carries Noro Kureyon yarn and a ton of other terrific yarns as well. If you'd like to email me at byTanya@gmail.com I can give you more info on how to find London-Wul if you aren't familiar with it. It is located in Moncton.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home