By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Two is better than one




I mentioned last time that I was on to my next project, a lace scarf. The pattern comes from my new favorite wool store, London Wul, and it's called Kim's Lace Scarf. I don't know what the yarn is by it's very fine and has mohair in it for sure. I got the huge ball of it at a yard sale for 25 cents. That was a great find. Here are some pictures of it in progress. I have it about half finished.





Of course I couldn't just have one project on the go at one time, so I started a pair of socks. I'm using an expensive self patterning yarn I found in a brand I've never used before, Schoeller Stahl Socka color. I thought it would create a pattern but if you look closely at the picture the pattern is not really a pattern.



Don't know what the problem is, I checked my guage and it seems correct according to the label. Maybe this brand doesn't create a real pattern, I don't know. Let me know if anyone has used this type before and what their results were. I'm a little disappointed because the yarn was about $7 per ball, expensive socks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home