By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Hot Pink French Market Bag



Hot pink French market bag is now completed! Still a little damn, but finished non-the-less.
I got this pattern from kitty.com and used Fleece Artist yarn for it. I love that yarn! It was so soft and nice to work with, plus the colors... WOW. It was a shame to felt it because it is such soft wool, but it felted really really well.


It only took less than one agitation cycle in my washer and it felted perfectly. I want to make this bag again, but next time I would make it deeper. The pattern calls for 9" deep, but says you can knit more. I recommend that, but you would need more than just one Fleece Artist skein. I just had enough to complete the bag.

I forgot to post this purse... I felted it a few weeks ago. I really like the colors. It still needs a button to be complete.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love the market bag, I guess B&L wool just isn't the best for this project!

So glad to hear that you are ok, but yucky for the accident!

We have to try to get together some time soon.

 
At Tuesday, April 18, 2006, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Wow! You have been really busy - I love the bags and your new socks are super cute too!! Lots of great new yarn... Sorry to hear about your accident - that always sucks even when the fixes don't come out of your insurance. I wonder if the Kim Chisholm in your comments is the same Kim Chisholm I know - she went to St.FX?

 
At Tuesday, April 18, 2006, Blogger Tanya said...

Yes, Kim is from St.Fx I believe.

 
At Wednesday, April 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the market bag :) I made mine out of Briggs and Little and made it deeper then the 9 inches. Brigg and Little wool takes time to felt but if you have the patience it wears really well.

I can just imagine how nice the market bag is with fleece artisit ... yummy! and the Flap purse is lovely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home