By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Secret Pal 8 Questionaire Answers

I've joined my first every Secret Pal exchange! Whoohoo!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Favorite yarns - hand dyed wool, sock weight or worsted - love Fleece Artist yarns of all types
Haven't met a fiber I absolutely didn't like.


2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

A plastic drawer (very sad).


3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I've been knitting since I was 5 years old. I'd consider myself advanced with a ton to learn.


4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

No, I have no wish lists, at least not posted ones.


5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I like vanilla and fruity smells, hate flowery scents.


6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Chocolate!


7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

Quilting, card making, scrapbooking, crocheting... mostly knitting these days though.


8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I love all types of music, except for opera. Especially blues rock and some jazz too.


9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

Currently my favorite color is Green. I tend to like earth colors or pastels.


10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Husband, 2 dogs and 1 cat... full house.


11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Yes to all the above.


12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Socks and scarves right now, but I have made sweaters for my whole family, all for the same Christmas.


13. What are you knitting right now?

- Wobbly Circles felted tote
- lace scarf
- lace sock
- self patterning sock
- cabled sock

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

YES, doesn't everyone?


15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Straight needles preferred, but I do use circular for felted bags. Bamboo or wooden are my favs.


16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

No, but I really want to


17. How did you learn to knit?

My aunt showed me the basics and then I taught myself by making doll clothes in the beginning.


18. How old is your oldest UFO?

3 months (if they get too old I tear them apart)


19. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas


20. Is there anything that you collect?

Just craft supplies.


21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Yarn Harlot book is on my to get list. I don't subscribe to any knitting magazines, just pick them up when I see them. Latest buy was Interweave.


22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Two needle sock knitting, if I can knit 2 socks at the same time.


23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes of course. My foot is 6.5"

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

October 20.. won't fall in this Secret Pal exchange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home