By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Fundy Studio Tour

Flower garden sock on tour

I am now back in NB and just in time too. The Fundy Studio Tour is going on this weekend and my friend Line and I went on it today. My Flower Garden sock came along for the ride also. I need every moment I can grab to knit if I'm to finish by Tuesday.

Here are the list of studios we went to:

  1. Change of Pace Pottery
  2. Cornucopia
  3. Kindred Spirits Stained Glass
  4. Hearts of Fur
  5. The Bird Garden
  6. Wendy Johnston Pottery
  7. Peck Inn Tea House (this wasn't on the tour we had great chowder there)
  8. Studio on the Marsh (bought a print of Sackville, NB here by Lars Larsen)
  9. Fundy Fine Furniture
  10. Studio Maza
  11. An Artist's Garden
There were a few we missed because we ran out of time. We started out from Riverview at about 11am this morning and didn't get home until 6pm so it was a full day.

Some highlights were the security guards at the Peck Inn Tea room. The geese actually charged the car TWICE while we were driving up the driveway.







The glass blowing at Studio Maza was also really neat to see. We got there just in time to see Jon Westrup creating a vase from start to finish. It took much longer than I thought and was really hot to watch, but well worth it. I bought myself a blown glass ball there to hang in my window.

To see more photos of the Studio Tour go to my Flickr site.

4 Comments:

At Monday, May 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Fundy Studio Tour was a wonderful day. I had a blast. Watching the vase being made at the Studio Maza Glassblowing was really cool.

One of our next excursion must be horseback riding.

 
At Saturday, May 27, 2006, Blogger Heidi, at London-Wul said...

drat, I missed the tour.
note to self - must get out more often!

 
At Monday, May 29, 2006, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Fun day!! That glass blowing looks incredible. Geese are so mean...at least they charged the car and not you!!

 
At Monday, May 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, there Secret Pal! Sounds like a most wonderful day - I love studio tours, seeing the amazing talents of so many people in so many areas...

The East Coast of Canada is somewhere I have long wanted to visit, and your photos of St John's are a real incentive...

Talk to you again soon...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home