By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Is one sock still a gift?

If you give someone one sock is that still a gift? It is still a handmade present that hours of love and time have gone into ...

IMG_0009.JPG

Today is Father's Day and I only have 1.5 socks completed for my Dad's present.
Luckily this was not his only gift, but I gave him the completed sock anyway. Of course I made him try it on and I abruptly took it back. As all sock knitters know, I require the first sock to make the second sock the same (at least have a hope of making it the same). If it hadn't been for this darn exam tomorrow, which btw I'm really prepared for (pat on the back to me) I could have finished it with no problem considering I started it a week ago... but priorities rule and it had to take a back seat to studying (except when I could read and knit at the same time). Dad of course understood, but I'm going to do my daughterly gifting duty and get it out in the mail early this week.

In the meantime, a Happy Father's Day to my Dad and yours ...

We may not shower him with praise
Nor mention his name in song,
And sometimes it seems that we forget
The joy he spreads as he goes along,
But it doesn’t mean that we don’t know
The wonderful role that he has had.
And away down deep in every heart
There’s a place that is just for Dad.....
~ Author Unknown

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 21, 2006, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

One sock is totally a gift! Especially when it's your dad...they're very nice by the way - I love the blues.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home