By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Mrytle Leaf Shawl error

I wanted to let everyone know that there is an error in the chart for the Myrtle Leaf Shawl in the Victorian Lace Today book. This might save someone else the trouble of finding this out for themselves.

Lace Closeup

The picture above is a close up of 2 repeats of the 13 row pattern. On row 13 is where the mistake is. If you open the picture in Flickr by clicking on it you will see 2 squares highlighting the mistake and fix. Row 13 is supposed to close off one of the leaves so that it comes to a point but with the way the pattern chart is this does not happen. The bottom leaf has a big hole at the top of it and does not come to a point. The last row in this picture shows row 13 worked with the fix. Row 13 repeat starts off with a decrease of K2Tog. If this decrease is ignored and only knit as a single knit and decrease is done at the end of the row instead, then the K2Tog decreases correspond to the top point of the leaves and the pattern works out properly. Basically row 13 needs to be shifted over 1 stitch.

Hope this helps :o)

Favorite wrap

Guess what?! This is my 100th post!!!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At Saturday, February 03, 2007, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Congrats on your 100th post. I just posted 101 on my knitting blog today.

 
At Tuesday, February 13, 2007, Blogger Operakatz said...

Wow good catch on the Myrtle Leaf...That's one of the patterns I want to knit from VLT...if you haven't already, you should alert them of the errata...I'm sure they're collecting them somewhere...

 
At Sunday, April 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! If only I had found your post *before* I made two swatches and started the whole thing twice already. It never occurred to me that there might be a mistake in the pattern. Sigh.
BTW, I'm confused by the instructions to cast on 87 stitches when it should be 77 + 8 = 85.
What did you do?

 
At Sunday, September 16, 2007, Blogger NKY Knitter said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Sunday, September 16, 2007, Blogger NKY Knitter said...

Thanks for the more thorough explanation. I was a bit confused by the errata, and needed a little more which you provided.

 
At Wednesday, November 12, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks that I read this "before" I started. But I am still a little bit confused about the 87 or 85 stitches to cast on??
Also the knit2together at row 13. Do I have use this instead of YO?? And hasn't it to be SSK (on RS)??
Can you please help me, I can't open the knittinguniverse errata.
Thanks for your help in advance and for the correction.
Ben

 

Post a Comment

<< Home