By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Knitting vs Blogging vs School work

Priorities have been keeping me from blogging, but I have been knitting a lot. I've started back to night classes for my MBA so there is not as much time for knitting and blogging as before.

I have some items to show today so I'm taking the time. I've been having a blast with the London-Wul Einstein KAL. I'm making a Fleece Artist Jacket as I mentioned earlier. I've completed the back after some rework. I added a garter stitch band at the bottom since the pattern has turned out to be only stocking stitch, the bottom was rolling too much.

Back of Fleece Artist jacket

I tore out a Clapotis scarf I had started with the Sea Silk my friend Line gave me for my birthday. I really like that pattern but decided the sea silk was too fine to due it justice and the scarf would end up being quite narrow. Since I was anxious to try my hand at a lace pattern from Victorian Lace Today, I've started this scarf below. It will require blocking, but I like the way the wide boarder has turned out.

Scarf with Sea Silk

Last but not least, I'm making another pair of socks for my mom. She has fallen prey to the handknit socks addiction that wearing your first pair of hand knit socks can cause. She is wearing them almost everyday, so I figure it's practically an emergency to get her another pair as fast as possible. These are just simple stocking stitch in a purple self patterning yarn.

Purple sock for Mom

I have an exciting annoucement to make. My friend Line and I have started designing and making Stitch markers! I'm quite excited about this because they are for sale at my favorite yarn shop, London-Wul. This is the first time anything I've made is for sale at a real store, and I couldn't have imagined a better fit. Thanks Heidi!

Packaged Stitch markers

As I'm sitting at the computer typing this, this is what Troy is up to:

Baby quilt sandwiches

Baby quilt sandwiches

Troy sewing Baby quilt

He's making a rag quilt for a baby shower next weekend. He cut all those squares Friday and Saturday night and sandwiched them together too. Now he's moved on to sewing... Gotta love him!

7 Comments:

At Sunday, January 14, 2007, Blogger The Gourmet Goddess said...

There are few things in life that make a man truely sexy... Cooking and sewing pretty much top my list! Way to go Troy!

 
At Sunday, January 14, 2007, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Congrats on getting your stitch markers in the store to be sold!

All your knitting is looking great, and I love the purple socks!

I'm going to have to get to London Wul again some day soon...

 
At Monday, January 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear, ANOTHER addicting thing at London-Wul...

May I add man-pushing-a-stroler-with-a-pretty-pink-girl-sitting-in to the list of sexy-man-tasks?

Manon

 
At Tuesday, January 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the shawl....and what a good daughter you are. I have pledged to my husband this year I will knit more socks for us. I knit them and send them out of the house....this needs to take a turn this coming year....our feet need to be spoiled.

 
At Wednesday, January 17, 2007, Blogger deirdre said...

Wow, Tanya, so much excitement! Beautiful knitting, finding your way into the 'business' of knitting, and having a man who - sigh - sews!

Does he have a brother?

 
At Thursday, January 18, 2007, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

I'm very impressed with the Einstein, the lacework, the stitch-markers (yay for you!!!) AND the sewing husband. You're making the rest of us look bad!!

 
At Tuesday, March 22, 2022, Anonymous Kayla S said...

Very nice blog you have hhere

 

Post a Comment

<< Home