By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Soft and Green

For my birthday back in October, my good friend Line gave me a beautiful hank of Sea Silk from Handmaiden in a gorgeaous green color way.

Sea Silk from Handmaiden

I searched for the right pattern to do this yarn justice and I think I found one. There is enough yarn to make a scarf (~400m) and I wanted a modern looking scarf because I find this yarn is a modern idea itself. I also wanted a pattern that would allow the yarn to show itself off, from it's softness and it's glossiness.

A modified version of Clapotis is the winner!

Clapotis start

Start of Clapotis

Some blocking will be required but so far I'm loving this pattern. I am making it narrower than the original Clapotis because of the amount of yarn I have and the guage of the yarn as well. I weighed the current amount knitted and the ball and I think I have enough yarn to make the scarf 45" long... we'll see how close I get to that.

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With all this production in the past 2 weeks, I'm starting to suspect that you've thought the dogs and cat to knit...

Beautiful scarf.

Manon

 
At Monday, November 13, 2006, Blogger The Gourmet Goddess said...

you have officially sucked me in... I just bought a ton of wool. Now I really need you to teach me another stitch!

 
At Tuesday, November 14, 2006, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

So beautiful - good choice on clapotis - I think it is the perfect pattern for showinng off something special.

 
At Friday, November 17, 2006, Blogger deirdre said...

Gosh, Tan, that pattern is perfect for the yarn - stunning! And I must say, I like the pics of Troy's hat in your Flickr sidebar - did you change the sizing at all or was it okay? Looks great on him!

 
At Saturday, November 18, 2006, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I saw a comment you left on the London-Wul blog and thought I'd stop by and say hello.

I see you are from Riverview. I'm in Moncton. I'm also thinking about taking that spindle workshop at London-Wul but haven't quite decided - I would like to learn though.

Your scarf is beautiful, and I love the colour of yarn!

Feel free to drop by my blog (I have 3 plus a mitten KAL; my knitting blog is http://kittenyarnsandcrafts.blogspot.com)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home