By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Socktoberfest

I met my Socktoberfest objectives for 2006! I love making socks!

First here are Blue Baby socks. Started on Oct 15, finished on Oct 16. Gotta love 1 night projects. And these are sooo soft, made with Sirdar Snuggly on 3.75 mm needles. I grabbed the pattern from this site: North Country Cotton Baby Socks

Blue Baby socks

Second, here are the completed Father & Son socks. The yarn is Essential Tweed from Knit Picks in Inca Gold and the pattern is Father & Son socks from Interweave Knits Fall 2006. This picture doesn't due these justice because they are the softest wool socks I've ever felt. These are a present for a friend of mine but I got Troy to try them on just so I could see how they look on a guy, and they are manly when worn. Definitely a pattern I will reuse again.

Father & Son Socks

Third, but not least, are completed Lobster Pot socks in Fleece Artist merino in Moss color. I test knitted these socks for Chrissy who has a new website up where you can purchase this pattern. I had a great time making these, even though I didn't quite follow the pattern. Apparently when looking at the chart I somehow developed a reading problem and missed a big part of it. This was definitely no fault to the pattern, it was written very clearly. They turned out beautiful even though I need glasses and are really comfortable to wear as well.

Lobster Pot Socks

DSC01495.JPG

In addition to those completed items, here is one Broad Ripple sock (altered for fingering weight) and a started Jaywalker.

DSC01550.JPG

DSC01554.JPG

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 01, 2006, Blogger Yvette said...

So many socks! I'm impressed. Broadripple looks so pretty in that colour.

 
At Thursday, November 02, 2006, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

WOW - that is a lot of socks!! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home