By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Monday, September 11, 2006

FO - Jaywalkers & Fetching

For those that don't know, the previous post has a comment from YarnB, as in Yarn Botanika, who dyed the hand dyed yarn that I made the jaywalkers with.

YarnB, thanks for checking out my pictures and to answer your questions, it said Lavendar Blues on the label and I LOVED my present!

I've finished the socks now and they turned out terrific in my opinion. I ended up liking the pooling and the bottoms really look interesting. The sheen to this yarn is really nice too! I couldn't wait to put them on.

Lavendar Jaywalkers Bottom

Lavendar Jaywalkers Bottom
Pattern: Jaywalkers, magknits.com
Yarn: Lavendar Blues, Yarn Botanika
Needles: 2.25mm
Date: Aug 30-Sept 10


Another small project I've worked on lately were these fun fingerless mittons. They are a pattern from knitty.com and I found some interesting Patons wool that worked great for them. This was a fun project and I'm going to make them again.

Fetching Fingerless mittens

Pattern: Fetching, knitty.com
Yarn: Soy Wool Striping, Patons, Natural Earth
Needles: 4mm
Date: Sept 5-6


As a side note, I finished the jaywalkers Sunday on my way back from Halifax where my friend Line and I went to Pacafiesta, an Alpaca halter show and fiber exhibition, and had a 'knitting' weekend away. Much more to come about this amazing weekend!

3 Comments:

At Monday, September 11, 2006, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

The socks looks great! Hard to believe they went from that huge tangle to those cute jaywalkers, eh? Love them...the "fetching" wristwarmers are awesome too - great neutral colorway...

 
At Sunday, September 17, 2006, Blogger Teri.p said...

Great socks Tanya! I love the way the yarn knit up, with the lovely patterning on the soles.

 
At Monday, September 18, 2006, Blogger TRJones said...

Yeah, those socks are cool tan! nice work. I also like the way they cast a giant shadow on the wall behind them in the first pic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home