By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Gaspe Adventure

I'm on my first day of vacation today!
Well the weekend was a vacation in itself, but everyone had those days off.

Gaspe Coast

Troy and I went to Campbellton (where he's from) and took a drive on Saturday along the Gaspe coast. Our destination was Perce Rock.

Perce Rock, Gaspe, Quebec

It was really beautiful in Perce. We were in the middle of no where but when you come up on this town it was FULL of people. There were people everywhere!

Perce, Quebec

The best part about this type of getaway was that I got to see this wonderful landscape while also enjoying a long extended knitting session. The whole drive there and back took us about 8 hours and I knit the whole time on my first Jaywalker sock and on the Icarus shawl I'm making.

Knitting on the Gaspe Drive

I did not know Troy was taking that picture. Probably for the best.
Here are the results of my knitting adventure, I mean, Gaspe adventure.

Icarus is growing

Jaywalker in Gras

Jaywalker first sock completed
I finished the sock the next day. I love this pattern. It's fun and easy and very unique. Thanks Grumperina!

In one hour my father is coming to pick me up and I'm off for a Father's/Daughters cottage trip. It should be fun. The weather is supposed to be great and we haven't had a trip together in, well, a really long time! My knitting is packed (second jaywalker sock, icarus shawl and green trellis baby sweater has been cast on). I'll be back on Thursday. I love vacation time!

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 08, 2006, Blogger lexa said...

Your Jays look like they are the same colorway as the socks I received from the last Sockapalooza! (Mine are Thujas, though.) I love them!

Love your Hederas, too!

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tanya, what absolutely beautiful scenery! And your socks? Gorgeous! Are you liking the Jaywalker pattern? I made a pair for a gift recently, and quite liked them, although I much prefer the look of your yarn - what did you use?

Enjoy your cottage time - hope the weather - which is gorgeous is my part of the country - holds the same for you!

 
At Wednesday, August 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Tanya, what a great adventure! I'm off next week & hope to get some travelling, some knitting & some adventure under my belt.

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you and Troy had a good time on your Gaspé trip! And you got a lot of knitting done. I love the look of the jaywalker socks with that yarn. I definitely will be making socks once I finish my current project. I finished the left front of the sweater I am working on and I am halfway done the right front... Enjoy your week with your Dad!

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I read through a little more carefully to discover the yarn you used for your Jaywalkers, and find this very funny - I also started a pair of socks with Step yarn, same colourway as you, and found the pattern wasn't working - so now I know what pattern I will use...

kind of scary, isn't it??

 
At Friday, August 11, 2006, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Love your jaywalkers! That colorway is so nice. And your trip looks like fun too - great scenery. I've been wanting to do the Gaspe for a while - maybe we'll get to it this Fall...hmmm. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home