By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Metalhead

I'd like to introduce you to Mr. Metalhead Chicken!

Beer can chicken

If you didn't guess, he's a beer can chicken and he is no more. That was Saturday's fun, while knitting the mohair shawl. The color looks great out in the sun.

And here is Clancy...
Serious Clancy
He's watching me knit a new project that I started on Sunday. I seamed the trellis sweater and made a blocking board. (Thanks to Steph for giving me some great links in her comment on my last post. They were very helpful)

Trellis seamed

As soon as it was pinned down I started on the Flower Washcloth from Weekend Knitting.
Flower Washcloth plan

I really shouldn't have been starting something new right now, but look how great it is. I can't wait to see if it is as nice to use as the book says.
Flower Washcloth on Needles

That's it for this weekend. Time to go to bed and wake to a new week.

2 Comments:

At Monday, July 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tanya, your cardigan is just beautiful - but we need a pic of you in it!

And I am glad you liked your package - I believe the yarn is 100% merino wool, and I was thinking socks for you - but I always think we should knit socks for ourselves, because I usually end up giving mine to other deserving souls -

and the beer can chicken - something I have always wanted to try - any secrets to it?

 
At Monday, July 17, 2006, Blogger The Gourmet Goddess said...

Why does your beer can chicken have silver slippers and a head? You know you are suppose to turn the heat off under the chicken and cook it with the indirect heat method, right?! Am I reading it right? Did you start another project? Love the washclothes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home