By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Heirloom Knitting Basket


Dad's socks are done! Now if I could only get my step Dad's finished by Thursday... why am I always late? I timed myself this time making my stepDad's socks and it took me 7.5 hours to knit one sock for size 11 feet. At least now I know how long it will take to make the second one and I can plan accordingly.

Here is the knitting basket...

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

I was given this knitting basket from my husband's great Aunt Bertie. I've never seen one like it! Has anyone else? I think someone should make them. It's the perfect height for beside a sofa and it's still kind of portable, it folds up at the hinges. The material part could use a washing, but I love the antique'd look of it. I'm scared it will fall apart in the washer.

6 Comments:

At Monday, June 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks look great, Tanya - congratulations, they're done! And I love your basket - you're right, it looks to be exactly the correct height for couch knitting - how old would you guess it is?

 
At Monday, June 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I love your antique knitting basket. You didn't mention it during our monring chat... guess we had too much to catch up on. Is this great Aunt Bertie the same aunt that gave you the quilt top you finished last year? What other treasures does she have waiting for you?

 
At Monday, June 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and you are right... In this picture that wool looks red (not pink). Depending on the lighting the red pigments seem to come out more...

 
At Wednesday, June 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tanya I LOVE the basket. Someone should start making them for sure, I'd be interested in one :)

 
At Thursday, June 29, 2006, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Yay! Finished socks... :-) 7.5 hours is not bad at all - I should time myself too - it always takes me longer tahn I think it will... Love the antique basket - very cool.

 
At Thursday, July 06, 2006, Blogger The Gourmet Goddess said...

Wash the basket. If the fabric falls apart, I'll make you a new one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home