By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Colorful Endurance

Since my Secret Pal asked... I casted on my next project last night.

But first back to the washcloth. I've used it now and it is fabulous. It is soft but with just the right amount of texture to make your skin feel really clean and refreshed. It's definitely on my list of items to make for Christmas gifts.



Last night was knitting/spinning night at London-Wul. I had put aside some Fleece Artist merino in Blue Lagoon for a shawl for my step-mom (shhh) for Christmas. I just loved the blues and knew it would be perfect. I was up in the air on which shawl to do, but I've chosen the Icarus shawl pattern by Miriam Felton. I love the way it's knitting up.



And just so I don't get bored, and also because a friend is expecting a baby soon, I picked up some gorgeous green Mission Falls wool for another Trellis Baby sweater. The green is the second ball in from the left and it's called Basil.


Of course how could I ever get bored... I'm also working on the edging of the Pie Shawl and the purple Hedera sock. Funny thing is they are all the same weight yarn and lace patterns. I see a trend here. At least I'm not stuck on one color, lots of variety in that category.

I really do wish there were 48 hours in a day. But even if there were, there must be a limit to how many hours of knitting in a row a person can actually withstand. Physically it must be exhausting after a while. Hand cramps, sore neck, something. I wonder what the longest continuous knitting anyone has done? I figure the longest I have knit continuously would be about 4 hours. Is that a long time? I don't have anyone to compare to. Anyone care to share their knitting endurance times ?

1 Comments:

At Friday, July 28, 2006, Blogger The Gourmet Goddess said...

You have to come up with a price for those washclothes... I'd love to add them to some of my christmas gifts. And those wool colours - gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home