By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Best Monday ever

Today is turning out to be such a fabulous day!

First off, Troy successfully completed detangling the sock yarn mess I made. He's quite proud of himself, and he should be. I didn't have the patience for that task.

Looks like a juggler

The second wonderful thing is that I found my Secret Pal! It's Deirdre and she is just wonderful. Check out her blog... I will be often.

The third fabulous thing is that my package of yarn from Knit Picks arrived. I ordered 2 patterns, Adamas Shawl and Rectangle Cover Shawl. Also, I ordered yarn for socks for Christmas presents. Most of the people I want to give socks to are men so I picked out mostly manly colors and now that it has arrived it looks like fall. I guess I knew subconciously that by the time it arrived the temperature would have dropped by 5 degrees.

Yarn for Christmas presents from KnitPicks

Here's the low down of the yarn: Essential Tweed, 2 balls each of Inca Gold and Flint; 2 balls Autumn Simple Stripes; Memories in 2 skeins of Cape Code and 2 skeins of Yukon. The Essential is really soft and the memories has a nice sturdy but soft feel to it.

Now the biggest dilemma of the evening is what socks do I start first? On one hand we have the much anticipated Lavendar blue satiny yarn and the jaywalker pattern and on the other hand we have the Cape Code memories yarn and the Father and Son Socks from IW Fall 2006. I really want the lavendar socks because they are for me, but it would be a great feeling to get a Christmas present completed so early. I'll debate this while I finish up a pair of kids sock tonight to meet the end of August for SAM2.

6 Comments:

At Monday, August 28, 2006, Blogger deirdre said...

Go for the socks for you, because you know that once you start the Christmas socks, it'll be game over for personal knitting till January...

and thanks for mentioning me by name - I am so very happy and excited about all this!!

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006, Blogger TRJones said...

Done!!! I think I must have a short circuit somewhere that makes me enjoy the task of untangling knots, though its not the sort of pleasure one seeks out. This was an insane project (4hours), but I knew that it could be done and the yarn was sooo nice, I just had to salvage it!

So Tan, please go and buy your swift so this never happens again, with my blessing!

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Tanya, looks like your plan worked. Troy has okayed the swift too. I told ya if you caused a tangle it would work ;-)

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006, Blogger Tanya said...

Line, I'd never do that. Don't you believe her Troy.

Hey, I'm getting a swift. I think I'll pick it up at the knitting night tomorrow night!

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Yay Troy! He's like a SuperHero for knots.

Why not cast on both pairs? That way Xmas knitting is started AND you get to work with the gorgeous lavender.

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006, Blogger Alana said...

Hooray for Troy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home