By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Autumn in the making

Fall is in the air and so are some fall projects.

I've been extremely busy with class work and regular work, but I've managed to find some new times to knit. Like in bed in the morning, in the car on the way to work and while reading my text book chapters for the class I'm taking.

The Autumn socks are completed. They are a present for a friend and it's nice to get them done early.

Autumn Stripes socks completed

I decided the dogs needed a new bed so I picked up some fall leaves fleece at the store and created this comfy bed. Kozmo likes it a lot and it matches my living room (not where the photo was taken.

New Fall dog bed

I woke him up with the flash!
Woke Koz up on his dog bed

In other sadder news, the fall project I had set up for myself, which was to knit this mohair sweater, is not going to happen. I started it and completed about 9 inches but have realized there is no way I'm going to have enough mohair. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm already through half of the first of only 2 balls, and I only have 9 inches done. It looks great and is so soft, I think I'm going to turn what I have done into a scarf and cut my losses. Then I'll use the rest of the mohair to make a perfect pie shawl for myself.

I finished knitting the Heart Lace for a pillow this week but it's not worth taking a picture of until after it's blocked. It looks like a snake right now. I have to get it on the blocking board this week so I can attempt to sew it to the pillow case. I'm not looking forward to that task.

3 Comments:

At Sunday, October 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry about the mohair sweater but glad all is not lost! Kozmo is a cutey. I was glad to make your acquaintance today at the drop-in, hope to see you again.

 
At Monday, October 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love the fall colors of those socks. They are wonderful!

 
At Wednesday, October 04, 2006, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Poor Kozmo - LOL! Love that picture. Great socks, great beds... :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home