By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Socks of Doom have arrived

Last night was my 3rd anniversary but of course my husband and I could not make any plans because we were not even going to be seeing each other. Like two ships in the night we are.

I had class from 6:30-9:30pm and he had hockey from 9pm-12am. I arrived home from class to find a beautiful vase of flowers and a very nicely worded card that brought tears to my eyes (score 1 for Troy). This was great but I had not left him a card or anything. I had bought a present for the both of us last week so had not really thought it through that I should at least get him a card or give him a pair of socks or something.

Then it dawned on me... I'll knit him a pair of socks tonight! So I went in search of a fast pattern to knit up so I grabbed the pattern from sock wars. I took some briggs & little yarn and balled it (got to use the swift!) and casted on at exactly 10pm. I know all you sane knitters out there have realized there is no way I can knit a pair of socks for our anniversary starting on the night of our anniversary at 10pm, and you are correct. But I did get past the heel by the time he arrived home and showed him his new sock. He obliged by trying it on with the needles and all and he didn't even call me crazy! Now that's love!



It dawned on me this morning that probably Socks of Doom are not the best present to knit your husband as an anniversary present. Good thing I'm not supersticious.

On another note, I have been killed today by these appropriately colored bright red socks. They are very soft and a nice shade of bright red (the camera did not do the color justice). Thanks Susan!

6 Comments:

At Thursday, October 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that you have officially been killed in the Socks of Doom war! The socks look really nice though. And so do the flowers ;-) I really think it must be love on Troy's part if he didn't call you crazy for starting a pair of socks at 10pm the night of your anniversary.

 
At Friday, October 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!! May there be lots more socks to come...

 
At Friday, October 13, 2006, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Hmmm...hockey from 9 to 12 so that means you gave your husband "Socks of Doom" on Friday the 13th. Oh dear...it certainly doesn't sound good does it? LOL! :-D

 
At Saturday, October 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That's love! I Hope your husband appreciates his new anniversary socks. Thanks for the post... I laughed because it sounds like something I would do. Of course I would end up putting them down for a couple of months once he saw them, but I know you won't!!

 
At Sunday, October 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes I remember thinking I couldwhip up a pair of sock fast too but I sadly realized that it was so not going to happen :D ... Good try though

 
At Saturday, October 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I came across your blog through Cerella.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home