By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Swift at last!

Fleece Artist Merino Greens

I have been pining after this Fleece Artist Merino sock yarn in Moss colorway ever since it arrived at London-Wul a few months ago. I love the greens, the colors are brillant. I finally caved in and bought it last Sunday when I saw there was only one ball left, there were originally two. I just had to have it before they were both gone!

Yarn Swift

Then yesterday I bought my much needed Swift at London-Wul! It's beautiful! I had to try it out immediately and luckily I had this new skein of yarn that needed to be balled up. Troy is now out of a job, I'm running solo from this point forward. Sorry Troy... we'll find something else for you to do, like maybe knitting that second dishcloth that has been underway for over a month.

Balled Fleece Artist Merino Greens

Of course once the yarn was balled it had to be put to work. I casted on for a secret cable sock I'm making. I'm test knitting for Chrissy so I can't show you a good photo yet but it's turning out really nice with this color. This sock's for me! Stay tuned because when the pattern is published I'll show how these turned out and I'm sure everyone will want to get themselves a copy.

Secret Green socks

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 04, 2006, Blogger Teresa said...

I love those colours - very beautiful.

I am waiting on a swift as well.

 
At Wednesday, October 04, 2006, Blogger Teri.p said...

I'm sorry Tanya, I didn't mean to make you blogless.

I Loooooooove that yarn. love it. love, love, love it.

 
At Thursday, October 05, 2006, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Ooooh...love those colors. And congrats on the swift!! I think I'll be stopping by London-Wul on my way to PEI Friday afternoon. Just to "look around"...heh heh.

 
At Friday, October 06, 2006, Blogger deirdre said...

And now you'll have to buy lots of skeins of yarn, so you can keep practicing with your swift - isn't it fun?? And lucky you, making a secret project! Can't wait to see what it is, the yarn is just lovely!

 
At Friday, October 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't the swift great? There are still tons of stuff DH can do to assist you in your knitting, like doing laundry, cooking, cleaning, getting you more yarn...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home