By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving in New York City

















It has been a very long time since I've posted. I'm in New York City, well technically New Jersey right now. I'm visiting friends for the Thanksgiving holiday and we came down early to tour around the city for a few days.

I found a few yarn shops and made it to two of them in the city. They were both in Greenwich Village.

The first was Purl Soho. It had a great selection of all natural yarns from merino wool to cashmere. The shop was very small and there was barely any room to move. They had a table in the middle and there were a few ladies sitting around it knitting. Plus, when you buy your yarn there they offer to ball it for you right then. I thought this was a very nice gesture. I bought 2 balls of Koigu sock yarn in a purple/pink/brown color way! It's gorgeous!

The second shop was called The Point NYC and was a cafe as well as a yarn shop. I was not very impressed with their selection but I loved the cafe idea. Most of the patrons of the cafe were enjoying some coffee and knitting away.

When I get home I'll be posting some pictures from my trip. I love visiting NYC, the people are amazingly friendly. Now I'm off to celebrate Thanksgiving with the rest of the locals by watching the Macy's day parade. Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans!

6 Comments:

At Thursday, November 23, 2006, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Sounds like you are having a great time. I've never been to New York, but maybe someday I'll get there for a visit.

 
At Thursday, November 23, 2006, Blogger Tanya said...

I did not take that picture. It's a very common picture down here that was taken after 911. The lights in the background are to represent the 2 towers.

 
At Friday, November 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That vendor offering to ball your skeins is probably addicted to the ball winder...

Did you keep your koigo in skeins for when you got home?!?

Manon

 
At Friday, November 24, 2006, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Sounds like a great trip! I've been to NY only once back in 2000 when the towers were still standing. I really want to go back for another trip sometime.

 
At Sunday, November 26, 2006, Blogger Sheila said...

I love Purl! I miss it since we moved to Utah.

 
At Monday, November 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I work for Direction Press and we have a new website that is designed for people to leave comments about the yarn shops they have visited.
I wonder if we could list you comment about Purl Knit Shop in NYC on our shopyarn.com website? please let me know, erika@shopyarn.com, thank you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home