By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Is it Christmas Yet?

I can't wait until Christmas! Not for the usual reasons of giving and receiving presents, but because that will mean I've completed making presents. I really enjoy making things for others but right now I'm having to knit what needs to be knit not what I feel like knitting. I have such fun yarns sitting around wanting to be made into something but they are on hold until Christmas knitting is completed. I'm almost there though.

5 socks left (2 full pairs and 1 sock)
1 alpaca ribbed hat
1 pair thrummed mits
2 pairs of felted slippers
1 facecloth
1 fingerless mitten

That's it... that's not bad. I think it might even be doable.

Here are the latest 3 completions.

Socks for Mom in grey...
Grey Self patterning socks


And socks for Dad in Trek sock yarn.
Diagonal Rib Socks

Close up of Diagonal Rib sock

I really like the Diagonal Rib pattern. I made it from just a regular 9x2 rib and included a stitch that was on baby sweaters I'd made recently. The Trek sock yarn is fabulous to work with. And this colorway is perfect for a man but still interesting enough for the knitter.

Scarf for my step-mom:

Green/blue ladder scarf

Next up... a cotton chenille facecloth...

4 Comments:

At Thursday, December 07, 2006, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Your socks and scarf look great! I like that diagonal pattern as well...adds some character to a rib. I've got some Christmas knitting to complete too, but need to focus on an essay, an assignment (both due tomorrow) and then exams next week...can't wait til that is all done!

 
At Thursday, December 07, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow: you're so lucky that your gift-recipients don't read your blog!

and your gifts look really lovely.
Brown socks are my favourite.

 
At Friday, December 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still "doable"... You're optimism and sense of humour, that's what I appreciate in you ;) .

Manon-hoping-to-make-one-child-size-pair-of-socks-before-X'mas

 
At Tuesday, October 11, 2022, Anonymous Lead Abatement Inglewood said...

Interesting reead

 

Post a Comment

<< Home