By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

All packed up

My hubby and I are hitting the road at 5am to begin our 12 hour trek to Ottawa. I'm very excited to go back up to Ottawa. It seems it's been too long. We used to live there so still have friends up there. Two of our friends are getting married on Saturday so that's the highlight of the trip.

My knitting is all packed. Clothes are still in the dryer but at least I have my priorities straight.

I'm bringing 5 projects:

  1. Toe up socks
    IMG_1455.JPG

  2. Montego Bay scarf
    IMG_1488.JPG

  3. Sweet Pea socks
    IMG_1456.JPG

  4. Cabled Footies
    IMG_1484.JPG
  5. Vneck Vest
    IMG_1489.JPG
Also threw in an extra ball of sock yarn and some handspun I'm planning to make a scarf with.
IMG_1454.JPG
IMG_1421.JPG

I think I'm as excited about the 12 hours of knitting each way as I am about actually getting there.

Better go finish my packing and get to bed. Have great week everyone and hopefully when I get back I'll have a bunch of FOs to show.

6 Comments:

At Sunday, August 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should get lots of knitting done in 12 hours! Hope you enjoy your trip!

BTW, I've gotten a new (and hopefuly an operational) e-mail address:
your_secret_pal11@hotmail.com

Your Pal!

 
At Sunday, August 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure you have enough knitting for such a long knitting trip? You're averaging 37/week FO, and that's with working full time...

Have a safe and producting trip to Ottawa.

Manon

 
At Monday, August 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh enjoy your trip - I forgot it was going to be 3 weeks before I saw you again.....remind me when you get back I have a small favour to ask :)
Have a great time!
Kim

 
At Wednesday, August 22, 2007, Blogger The Gourmet Goddess said...

I laughed at your list of projects to take, given that you are going to see friends that you don't see often... Until I realized I'm taking 5 projects with me for a 5 day trip to Newfoundland to visit relatives I don't see that often and there is no driving involved... Sigh, what have you gotten me into...

 
At Friday, August 24, 2007, Blogger The Gourmet Goddess said...

Little note for the cable booties. If you follow the pattern for the smallest size (which fits a 7-8 size woman's foot), don't knit the decrease in the toe all the way down to 8 stitches. Check my blog, you end up with an elf toe. I did the second one down to 16 stiches and the toe was nice and rounded.

 
At Friday, August 31, 2007, Blogger The Gourmet Goddess said...

From the podcasts I've heard lately, the Montego Bay scarf is the latest "must do" project! I still haven't done a Jaywalker sock or a Chevron scarf... I'm so behind!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home