By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Friday, July 27, 2007

Hot and Steamy

WOW, It's so hot! I think it got up to 40 degrees celcius today, and I'm in the maritimes, that's just not right.

Never too hot for knitting though. Yesterday at lunch I found myself a park bench and brought out my newest project, the baby shrug from Simply Baby by Debbie Bliss.

IMG_1354.JPG

I'm knitting it in Rowan Cashsoft DK in Sweet which is just to die for. It is extremely soft but keeps it's shape quite nicely. It was hard to go back to work after this very enjoyable break from the office.

In other news, we held the first annual Line and Tanya Retreat last weekend in Shediac. Thank you to Line for suppling our home away from home (the trailer).

IMG_1300.JPG

We knit, carded wool, weaved and listened to podcasts all weekend long. It was like paradise. We also made some interesting discoveries. The holder in the foldout chairs is not for cups but for yarn balls! Of course!
IMG_1299.JPG

Line has offered to make me a wrap on her new Knitter's Loom. We got up bright and early on Saturday morning and warped it. It fit perfectly from table edge to sink edge.
IMG_1313.JPG

IMG_1317.JPG

When I got home on Sunday I finally sewed together a secret project I've been working on. It's not really secret, just I haven't spoken of it on my blog at all. I was in Fredericton one weekend and saw this cardigan in the window that I thought was just perfect for those cool air conditioned days at the office. When I saw that it only required 4 balls to complete I was sold. It knit up very quickly and easily. Only tricky part was the edge lace but after a few attempts I managed to get it right. And it fits me (that's a rare occurance when I make sweaters for myself).

IMG_1321.JPG

IMG_1322.JPG

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 11, 2008, Blogger The Gourmet Goddess said...

I want this pattern! This is the yarn I just bought at baadeck yarns and I've emailed them to see if they have more of that colour lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home