By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Tizzie Episode 2: Getting Started

Tizzie's fleece is well underway to being prepared for knitting. I've continued with the washing and completed a sink full of each of the colors: mixed, dark, and white.

Here is the white drying.
Whitest fleece drying

And here is a basket full of the dark. Believe it or not this is the 'dark' but when dried like this there is a lot of lighter grey in it.

Darkest in a basket ready for Carting

Before continuing with washing the rest of the fleece, I decided to spin up a sample of each of these colors to make sure I had washed to get the best spinning enjoyment I could. Since this was my first time washing fleece I didn't want to take any chances and ruin the WHOLE thing.

Most of the staple lengths are about the length of a pen as seen here. There are few sections that are about half that lenght (not many) and I'm putting those aside and will card them later.
Staple length

I carded with dog slickers from the dollar store. I only recommend this if you are stubborn like me and don't want to purchase the really nice big cards that would probably make this job so much easier. I do enjoy the carding though, even with the dog slickers. I wouldn't be surprised if I gave in and bought real cards before I've completed this project. It could get tiresome, but for now they have worked well enough.

Here's a sneak peek at the yarn to come...

Tizzie biege on the spindle

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home