By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Yarn Harlot

There is no other title to put on this post other than "THE Yarn Harlot"!

Stephanie Pearl-McPhee visited Halifax on Tuesday for a book signing. Luckily, she planned her visit during the week of my vacation so of course I was going to make the trip down (probably work wouldn't have stopped me anyway). It was so very worth it. She is hilarious. For those wondering what her 'talk' is like, think of a stand up comic with the topic of knitting and keeping it mostly clean. That's what it was like. She talked for about 2 hours and then signed everyone's book that wanted it signed. I of course got my book signed too, and as an extra surprise, she asked me to sign the pattern I was giving her! That's a first for me :)

Here is Stephanie signing Line's book.
IMG_1440.JPG


Here is CJ and I in the ballroom of the Lord Nelson hotel where the event took place.
IMG_1444.JPG

And these are my friends Manon and Dorin. They left work early to drive down from Moncton and then head back after the event. Dedicated knitting fans!
IMG_1443.JPG

Stephanie only had a short visit in Halifax so did not get to any of the local yarn shops. I on the other hand made it to 2 of them, one twice!

First there was the Tangled Skein in Dartmouth. If you have not visited this shop I highly recommend making a trip there. The owner is very nice and helpful and I think I could have chatted with her all day long! Plus, there is a great assortmant of yarns in a pleasant and quaint shop.

Next was LK Yarns. This one is in the Hydrostone Market in Halifax. I really like the Hydrostone Market place. The stores are in very old buildings and the shops are very eclectic. We visited them all and had a fantastic lunch at an Italian restaurant there as well (name escapes me now). Lunches are fabulous in Halifax. On Wednesday, I went with CJ and her very gratious Mom to Janes on the Common's . What a sweet spot!

7 Comments:

At Thursday, August 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW - I've been waiting for this post. Looks like you had a great time. Can't wait to hear lots more when we're both back from vacation!
Kim

 
At Thursday, August 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you again for reserving seats for Dorine and I at the Harlot event!! Returning home, my poor husband had to listen to a 30 minute "summary" of the event, and my work colleague and ...

Manon

 
At Thursday, August 09, 2007, Blogger deirdre said...

Oh, what a good time you must have had! And I love the shawls that you and your friend Line are wearing... perfect for a harlot event!

 
At Thursday, August 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've said it a kajillion times in the last 2 days, but seriously? Best. day. ever.

 
At Thursday, August 09, 2007, Blogger Line (pronounced Lynn) said...

As a participant in the day to attend the Yarn Harlot book signing,I can say that it was an amazing way to spend a vacation day! Can't think of a better way.

 
At Saturday, August 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no. Now I know that I did see you, only I didn't know it WAS YOU! Well, the Harlot will just have to come again, and we'll do over. I'd do it all again in a second!!

 
At Saturday, August 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait! I forgot to ask the most important question....what did you buy??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home