By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Monday, September 03, 2007

Back at it

I've been back for a week today and have been so busy I didn't even have a chance to blog. My trip to Ottawa was terrific.

Anna and Rob are officially married and here are the cute couple. Check out her shoes... I just love that she wore red shoes. This wedding was very original but keeping with some tradition as well. It was beautiful at an old Mill in Mannotick, ON.
IMG_1529.JPG

While in Ottawa I visited a couple yarn shops. The first was Wool-Tyme where I picked up a few items. Just a couple balls of sock yarn and a couple really neat (and cheap) sock bags.

IMG_1603.JPG

I also visited Yarn Forward out in Kanata but didn't purchase anything there.

An update on the items that I brought with me for the car drive:

  1. One Toe up sock completed. It looks very ackward due to the 2x2 ribbing but it fits a man's size 11 pretty well. Not crazy about the heel though. I might try a different heel technique the next time I make toe up socks. By the way, this pattern is from Interweave Summer 2007. They have a great tutorial on toe up socks.

  2. IMG_1593.JPG

  3. Montego Bay scarf completed

  4. IMG_1587.JPG

  5. One Sweet Pea sock completed

  6. IMG_1592.JPG

  7. Half a cable bootie completed and ready to be frogged. Love the pattern and the yarn but half a bootie has taken up half the yarn. There is no way I'll get 2 booties out of this yarn.
    IMG_1598.JPG


  8. Vneck vest has progress. I'm not at the arm holes on the back.

I of course did not get to the 'extra' yarn I brought with me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home