By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Ingenius

I've finished the first sock for the pattern I'm going to include in my Toe-Up Sock class.

IMG_2303.JPG

The class btw will be held in March, not on Feb 17. I haven't picked a date quite yet.

I love everything about this sock, but the special feature is the ingenius cast off.
It is a Grafted cast off!
It only works on 1x1 rib but it gives the most elegant elastic bind off I've seen yet. And if you know how to graft a toe this is a breeze.

I found the instructions for it at Sock Knitters.com and it was written up by Debbie Powel

How do some knitters come up with these ideas? Some people are so ingenius.

IMG_2300.JPG

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 05, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will we be able to get that pattern on etsy?

Someone who can sit down, figure out a pattern AND write it down is my hero.

Manon

 
At Tuesday, February 05, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do the "Sewn loose cast-off" from the same website. Those socks look fabulous. I'm all for toe-ups!

You've been given an award...and tagged for a meme! Please see my blog for the details.:)

 
At Friday, February 15, 2008, Blogger Tammy said...

I love it!

Now, i have to get up the courage to try toe ups again, lol.

Can't wait to see the finished pair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home