By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

It's all about sharing

Saturday my friend Line and I spent an afternoon of sharing.

We shared some fancy tea, some stories and most importantly, we shared our knowledge :)

Line taught me to warp and weave on her Knitter's Loom and I taught her to spin on my spinning wheel. We had a wonderful afternoon of spinning and weaving.

IMG_2321.JPG
I forgot to take a picture of her finished wool, but it was some left over Tizzie fleece hand carded and she created a 2ply yarn.


First Line helped me set up the warp. We made it 18 wide double stranded wide (I don't know the proper terminology yet) and 75" long (about).
IMG_2316.JPG

Next she showed me how to weave with this loom.
IMG_2317.JPG

And then I was off... I could hardly put it down once I started.
IMG_2319.JPG

Within 3 hours from starting the warp I was finished my first weaving project. The edges are a little strange in a couple places, but overall I really love it. And the weaving itself was very fun. It hardly used up any yarn either.
IMG_2323.JPG

4 Comments:

At Sunday, February 10, 2008, Blogger Line (pronounced Lynn) said...

I had a wonderful time sharing knowledge. Now that I know how to spin using a wheel, I really can't wait for my wheel to come in!!!

And I wonder how long it will be before you have your loom? ;-)

 
At Monday, February 11, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You let Line touch your wheel? really? Woaaahhh Line, you.are.special!

Love the scarf, really nice. And yes, has the loom been ordered yet?

Manon

 
At Tuesday, February 19, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One blog entry a week, remember?!?

MM

 
At Thursday, February 21, 2008, Blogger CelticCastOn said...

ohhh i'd love to learn how to weave, looks fuN!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home