By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Back from the Sunny State of Florida

Well I'm back! What a trip we had. It was a travel adventure for sure. The weather was beautiful with temperatures in the high 70's most days going up to 80 on some. Just perfect.

Here are a couple pictures and more can be seen here.

This is the beach we were staying on before the spring breakers arrived.
IMG_2407.JPG

This is the villa my parents live in which is where we stayed. It is in Panama City Beach.
Horizon South Villa

Of course on our way back there was a storm in Toronto and in Moncton and it was up in the air (literally) if we were going to be able to land in Moncton or not due to freezing rain. Thank heavens we didn't have to turn back and we landed safely, without my luggage, but safely.

I didn't get as much knitting done as I thought I would (as Line suggested).

I did finish the 1 Row scarf:
1 Row Scarf
Here I am in the airport knitting the 1 row scarf with my new merino/silk handspun shawl. The shawl was a perfect travel companion.
Airport Knitting


I knit on the Diamond Waffle socks (they are taking forever). I'm up to the heel on them now.
IMG_2479.JPG

I started and have almost completed one sock from the polworth/mohair handspun I made. I have way more yarn than I thought so I've decided to make them knee socks since I've always wanted a pair. I'm making these socks toe up so I'm sure I have enough yarn.
Swanee Croc Socks
I've called them Swanee River Croc Socks since this one was knit as we drove half way through the state of Florida from Panama City Beach to Orlando.

Last but not least I knit this cute baby sock that is a sample for the Toe Up Sock Class I'm giving tomorrow at London-Wul.

IMG_2587.JPG

Once I get some photos downloaded from my phone camera I'll fill you in on the details of my Florida yarn shop hunt.

3 Comments:

At Saturday, March 08, 2008, Blogger deirdre said...

Glad you made it back! I always think the mark of a good vacation is one where I don't do as much knitting as planned, so this must have been nice... just looking at your beach and sand pictures makes me really look forward to seeing some myself, especially as we're "enjoying" our worst winter storm yet...

maybe I'll look at your pictures a little longer...

 
At Tuesday, March 11, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you really had fun (even too much fun to knit, wow!). Hope to be able to hear it all from you sometimes.

missed your blogs while you were gone. Did you know that all of Clancy's head fits into Ollies mouth?

Manon

 
At Friday, March 14, 2008, Blogger The Gourmet Goddess said...

shhhhh Manon! Tan doesn't need to know that I let my dog try to eat her dog...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home