By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Fair Isle at last

I finally took the plunge and made a fair isle mitten! KnittenKnots and many others have been inspiring me with items like this and this.

I wanted to start with something simple as I have not done much fair isle knitting and never on 4 needles. This pattern called Corazon from Knitty was the winner.

Corazon mitton

It knit up really quick and now I have 3 pink mittens that don't match each other at all, two hand spun and one fair isle. Good news is I'm trying new things :)

Corazon

As an update, I finished my Monkey socks while I was in San Diego and I just love these socks. The yarn is Koigu that I picked up while visiting NYC in November. This yarn and socks are well travelled!
Monkey socks

It was a sock filled week!

I started socks for Troy (finally) and finished the first one. Troy can finally model a sock that will actually be his.
Diagonal Rib socks for Troy

Then I finished the second "Heat Waves" sock, aka Manon's socks. These are the first real sock pattern of my own. I've altered a lot of patterns but this one I invented from scratch. It was fun. The yarn is Socks that Rocks yarn and was a little crazy but added to the fun of these.
Heat Waves socks

Heat Waves socks

Clancy got tired out helping me with the photo shoot!
IMG_0568.JPG

To round off this sock filled week, I 'mysteriously' received sock yarn in the mail yesterday! What an awesome surprise! Check out Dani's handpainted yarns at Sunshine Yarns. It's very soft superwash merino wool. The 2 colors I bought, I mean surprisingly showed up in the mail, were Neapolitan and Tiger, both now sold out. But there are other fun colors and new ones added all the time.

Sock yarn from Sunshine Yarns

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh my socks are really nice. Just can’t wait to try th.. ,ahem, to get your pattern and make my own!

Cheers Manon

 
At Tuesday, February 20, 2007, Blogger Emma said...

Wow, you've been very productive! Love the mittens, and the Monkey socks are gorgeous too.

 
At Thursday, February 22, 2007, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Wow - you have been knitting up a storm!! First off I love the fair isle mittens - the colors are great! And all those socks are absolutely gorgeous - my favorites are the monkey socks - I think it's the color! Can't go wrong with koigu!

 
At Thursday, February 22, 2007, Blogger AnnKnits said...

Fabulous knitting, I love your socks. Makes me envious because I think I might have to frog my Jaywalkers. The fabric has little to no ease or give and the won't fit anyone I know. Besides they were supposed to be for me. I want to wear your socks to make me feel better, they are so pretty. I love the mitts too. Absolutely gorgeous. Maybe I will take a page from the Knitty book and try the Monkey socks instead.

 
At Thursday, February 22, 2007, Blogger Tanya said...

Ann, I don't have your email to write you back directly. You can send it to me for future reference if you'd like.. email bytanya@gmail.com.

I wanted to thank you for your great comments and also let you know I'm jealous of you too! I have tried to knit socks on 2 round needles before and failed miserably. I wasn't even attempting to knit 2 yet. I am going to take your advice and try it with two different needle brands and different yarn. I would like to conquer this technique, wish me luck :)

 
At Saturday, February 24, 2007, Blogger Line (pronounced Lynn) said...

I am looking forward to trying out your heatwave pattern socks! But don't tell Manon I am making a pair, I want to keep them for myself ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home