By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Connected

I am now connected wirelessly! I'm upstairs with the sun shining in the windows, watching my husband cook chili in the kitchen while listening to smooth lounge music on itunes that makes Troy's hips move... what freedom!

IMG_0479.JPG

I don't have much to show but I can tell you I finished the second Corazon mitten and have been wearing them. Today I actually wore them out for walk with a pink vest (it's a blazying +7 degrees celcius here today). They are great except I could have made the cuff a bit longer. They are acrylic (stash yarn) and I can really feel the difference. They would be much better with a natural fiber, I think they'd hold their shape better.

IMG_0495.JPG

I've started some new stuff... Scarf from Victoria Lace today with Fleece artist merino sock kit in a beautiful pink and brown color way. Here is the same colorway used for jaywalkers by Line. The scarf I'm knitting is a combo of the Easiest wide border and just a drop stitch for the main section. It is really showing off the colors and is so easy.
I bought some Cascade Lhama/wool blend in color 049 when in Halifax at The Loop last week to make Troy a hat. I had made a friend/coworker a hat for Christmas with a brown alpaca and wanted to make one for Troy too (since he thought the first one was for him anyway). I started it last night and it's about half finished. This is the first time I've used Lhama and it's really nice and soft. Pics to come.

IMG_0518.JPG

You may have noticed the pictures on this post have nothing to do with what I'm talking about.. and this is true. I just can't post without a picture. These are from my trip to San Diego a couple weeks ago. This coming Tuesday I'm heading out to San Francisco... wonder if I'll get a chance to go yarn shopping?

2 Comments:

At Sunday, March 04, 2007, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Wasn't it just beautiful out yesterday? Hope you have a good trip to SF, and that you get to go yarn shopping!

 
At Monday, March 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever you took before writting that blog... I need it too!

Manon :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home