By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Lizard scarf

This is my newest favorite project!

IMG_1672.JPG

It is made with navajo plied Polworth handspun from fleece I bought at London-Wul. Heidi had dyed it in the best autumn colors.
IMG_1421.JPG

I found the stitch pattern in Stitchionary I and it worked out perfectly.

**UPDATE - The rows were mixed up but are now corrected**
Here are the instructions:
CO 26 sts on 5.5mm needles (larger than normal)
Row 1 & 2: Knit
Row 3: *K6, YO, K1, YO x 2, K1, YO x 3, K1, YO x 2, K1, YO, repeat from * to last 6 stitches. K6.
Row 4: Knit letting all YO's drop
Row 5 & 6: Knit
Row 7: K1, *YO, K1, YO x 2, K1, YO x 3, K1, YO x 2, K1, YO, K6, repeat from * to last stitch, K1
Row 8: Knit letting all YO's drop

Repeat 8 rows until scarf is desired length. I used the full 4 ozs with just enough left to cast off.

IMG_1669.JPG
IMG_1667.JPG

I like this scarf so much I've now bought 2 more bags of fiber to make more for Christmas presents. Better get spinning, but first I'm now off to an Organizational Behavior class.

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 12, 2007, Blogger deirdre said...

Just gorgeous - I love the colours, and they work perfectly with the stitch pattern!

 
At Wednesday, September 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice indeed and it's my colour (just in case you wondered) ...

Just 29 days before the spinning retreat, woohooooo

Manon

 
At Thursday, September 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice!!! I can't wait to see how the others turn out!

The Pal

 
At Thursday, September 13, 2007, Blogger The Gourmet Goddess said...

I love the pattern! Hey, Manon just gave me an idea. Rumor has it that there will be some silk for spinning at the retreat... man would that look nice done in that pattern!

 
At Thursday, September 13, 2007, Blogger Jackie said...

Beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home