By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Monday, September 03, 2007

Secret Pal Contest #2

I'm involved in the Secret Pal exchange again this fall. They are having contests every once in a while and all you have to do is post the answers to questions. Here are the questions and answers for contest #2:

1. What is the one knitting accessory you could not live without?
My ball winder and swift. I can't believe I survived without them for so long, but now that I have them I will always need them.

2. If you're heading on vacation, do you take knitting with you? If so, how much and what type of project?
Check out my last two posts. I brought 5 projects and there was a variety of knitting 'types'. There were 2 pairs of socks, one easy and one that you need to follow a chart for. Also an easy to knit scarf. One project that had not been started yet and one vest that is a bigger project.

3. Where have you travelled to that you'd consider your favorite spot?
Southern California was my favorite spot that I've travelled to lately. I love the coast there and the warmth and lack of rain. British Columbia was also great but the weather there just does not match California.

4. What is your favorite knitting book at the moment? Do you own it?
It's a toss up between Sensational Knitted Socks and Victorian Lace Today. I love them both but for different reasons. I find SKS a great reference book and actually brought it with me on my last trip. VLT has many patterns I'd love to knit but they all take a long time (mostly). It's the type of book you can just sit and enjoy thumbing through the pages and admiring the beautiful pictures.
I own both of these books but I'd love to get More Sensational Knitted Socks to see if it would become my new favorite.

5. Do you listen to podcasts? Which is your favorite(s)?
Yes I do. My favorites are Cast ON, Lime & Violet and Knit Picks Podcast. I often listen to podcasts while spinning.

6. If you could only knit with 1 color for the rest of your life, what color would that be?
Oh, it's so hard to pick just one color! I think I'd have to say green. I love knitting with green and have noticed that since I reorganized my stash in colors that I have a lot of green so I could possibly knit with it for the rest of my life!

7. If you were far into a project and then noticed a mistake near the beginning what would you do?
Depends on the project. There are some that just have gotten put into a bag and set a side for a few months. Typically then once the bruising has gone I will dig it out and frog it. Sometimes I will then start over or I'll just move on and not do that project again. It really depends on how much I wanted it.

8. Where is the most unsual spot you've ever knit?
I've knit on the rocks at Peggy's Cove. I didn't knit long but it was long enough for a photo opp.

IMGP0209.JPG

2 Comments:

At Monday, September 03, 2007, Blogger deirdre said...

I am glad to see that your trip was a success, and much knitting was accomplished - your socks all look great!

but what did you do with your dogs while you were gone?

 
At Tuesday, September 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally you're back!! My life isn't complete without your blog (yes I know, I should get a life...).

Manon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home