By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Monday, September 17, 2007

My favorite handspun yet

All time favorite handspun to date is now completed. The fiber was purchased at London-Wul farm and had been hand dyed by Heidi in these amazing colors.

IMG_1691.JPG

My friend, Line, had purchased the fiber after I pointed out to her how it was a perfect match for her color tastes. And then I said "And I would spin it for you, as long as it's less than 8ounces!". Heidi kindly bagged it for her, providing a little more than 8 ounces but I wasn't supposed to know.

IMG_1692.JPG

She plans to make this gorgeous shawl. Can you imagine how beautiful that will be? I can't wait. I'm sure she will blog about it so we can all follow along in the progress.

IMG_1694.JPG

Labels:

4 Comments:

At Monday, September 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beau-ti-ful... Did you navajo plied it to get all the colours to match or was it plain patience (in which case you are my idole).

Manon

 
At Monday, September 17, 2007, Blogger deirdre said...

Oh, Tan, that's absolutely beautiful! Have you been practicing a whole lot, or are you just a natural?!

 
At Monday, September 17, 2007, Blogger Line (pronounced Lynn) said...

Manon - she is just plain patient. That is not navajo plied. Thanks Tanya for spinning this up for me. It is gourgeous. As soon as I can get these #%&^ MBA projects out of the way, I am going to cast on.

 
At Tuesday, September 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to see the shawl now!

the pal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home