By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Two topics in One

First off I just received my second Secret Pal gift. Thanks Pal!

IMG_1851.JPG

The gloves are hand knit by my pal with Alpaca and the yarn you see there, is Alpaca sock yarn! That's the most amazing thing ever! It's so soft, and it's blended with 20% wool and 10% Nylon so it's strong too. Those white candies are chocolate covered toffee almonds... Yum! This is a terrific package and it arrived just in time for my birthday.

Next, the Maritime Spinners Retreat... WOW was it fun! Line and CJ beat me to the punch and blogged about it already. Check out their posts here and here for a terrific recap of the weekend.

The London-Wul spinners were well represented by Roselyn, Line, CJ, Manon and Dorin. Missing from this photo but close by are also Catherine and Sherri, and of course me taking the picture.

IMG_1839.JPG

I didn't take that many pictures for some reason (I was too busy spinning and chatting I guess) but you can see all my photos from the retreat here.

I would highly recommend this retreat to anyone interested in spinning, new or old. I'm signing up for next year for sure.

The vendors were great there too and I bought a ton of fiber, from silk to Romney and everything in between. I'll post some pics of them soon.

3 Comments:

At Thursday, October 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you were awfully slow reporting about your weekend but then, I remembered how much fiber you bought and figured out it took you about 3 days to find a way to store it all...

Hope we're all at the spinning retreat next year!
Manon
p.s. Your group picture (the 5 of us) is really nice

 
At Friday, October 19, 2007, Blogger deirdre said...

Great pictures, Tanya, looks like a lot of fun! And I LOVE the colourway of your Fleece Artist jacket - I haven't seen that one before, it's beautiful!

I am also loving the fibre you dyed - great colours! You are absolutely inspiring!

 
At Friday, October 19, 2007, Blogger Line (pronounced Lynn) said...

Interesting to see that the group picture contains mostly drop spindlers ;-)

Looking forward to seeing the post about all of your purchases....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home