By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Breaking News

I brought home an Ashford 32" Rigid Heddle Loom of my very own! I am so very excited!

I stopped into London-Wul on Thursday afternoon to discuss with Heidi various types of rigid heddles and pricing so I could decide which to order next week. I was mentally prepared for deciding than waiting a few months for it to arrive. To my supreme surprise Heidi offered to sell me her loom which was exactly the one I had decided to buy! Not only did I get it for a good price but I got to take it home right then and there!

Needless to say my plans for Thursday night suddenly changed. I warped the loom, with some help from Troy, and I was off and weaving a scarf. It didn't turn out terrifically but I learned a lot.

IMG_2650.JPG

Lesson's learned:
- Don't use mohair with a huge halo in the warp
- Don't warp past 11pm
- Troy and my ideas of taught are not the same

After a very informative and fun phone conversation with Manon (I had to call and let her know I've finally been brought to the dark side LOL) I have planned my next project. I calculated all the lengths of yarn required, checked the yardage I have and made a little pattern. I'm making a 20"x40" piece that is planned to be sewn up into a bag. Pictures to come...

Happy Easter everyone!

4 Comments:

At Saturday, March 22, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I especially like the tip "don't warp after 11pm"!

The colours of your scarf are really nice, too bad you had to fight with hairy mohair.

Manon

 
At Monday, March 24, 2008, Blogger The Gourmet Goddess said...

I'm speechless.

 
At Monday, March 24, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been 48h now, where's that woven bag?

:)

Manon-at-home-munching-chocolate-as-if-her-life-depended-on-it

 
At Tuesday, March 25, 2008, Blogger Line (pronounced Lynn) said...

Now we have both officially gone to each others other dark side... You have a loom and I have a wheel... What's next?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home