By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Friday, June 06, 2008

Lot of catching up to do

I've been neglecting this blog and my ravelry projects as well. But that's all over now.

My MBA night classes are now complete until Sept, which is just in time as I will need to be blogging more often because Secret Pal 12 is about to begin!

Let's go way back to a weaving project I completed before Mother's Day weekend. Here are the bamboo and cotton placemats I weaved with my new loom.

IMG_2783.JPG

IMG_2784.JPG

I made 5 placemats with the 90" warp. They turned out a little narrow to their depth but they will do fine. We used them for dinner on Mom's day when my parents were up for supper. They were a really fun project and I actually enjoyed all the planning.

IMG_2789.JPG

That is the last weaving project I have done but I have lots of other ideas swirling around in my head, I just need to get something warped.

I have a bunch of other items going on but I'll share those later.

I'm also trying to plan a summer top to knit. First I was going to knit Isabella but I think I've changed to Lotus Blossom tank from Interweave Summer 2006 instead. For those that know me feel free to leave a comment with a preference for me. Obviously both would be adjusted to fit me (at least that will be the goal). There are lots of pictures of both projects in ravelry here and here.

2 Comments:

At Friday, June 06, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefer the lotus blossom but although we have similar goddess physique (at least we did the last time I saw you) I don't have a clue if it would fit better than the Isabella.

And I really like your placemats. What warp thread size did you use? Or was it knitting yarn? Whatever it was, placemats are really nice. What is the realistic widest width you can weave on your loom? I should definitively bring you some weaving yarn I have for beautiful projects I will never make...

Manon-the-jealous

 
At Sunday, June 08, 2008, Blogger haggaret said...

Tan I'm putting my vote towards Isabella. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home