By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Moncton Highland Games

After taking my dad for breakfast for Father's Day, I spent the remainder of the day surrounded by friends, fiber and kilts.

IMG_2845.JPG

The bag pipes were out in full force at the 2nd annual Moncton Highland Games held in Victoria Park. Heidi had a London-Wul tent set up with samples of many types of wool, hand dyed beauties and some fabulous hand woven wraps. She invited some spinners and weavers to come join her for the day (yesterday too) to demo weaving and wool preparation in the Wool tent.

We had Sherri and Dorin with their drop spindles whirling away (yes that beautiful yarn behind Sherri is hand dyed and available at the shop!)

IMG_2846.JPG

IMG_2844.JPG

Next we have Heidi with her caldron (aka Dye pot) filled with wool and some sock yarn being over dyed. The dye is all natural, very natural. It's an insect called cochinea used for dying shades of red and pink. I can't wait to see the yarn when it's done.

IMG_2847.JPG


Cranking out some polworth blended with soy silk is Karen.

IMG_2843.JPG

I actually met Karen back in the days when the only wool I knew existed was Briggs and Little (which is a great wool but there are so many others!). Karen told me with great excitement about drop spinning and how I would love it and to come out to LW and see what it was all about. My response at the time, "Why would you want to spin yarn? It will take away from your knitting time and you can buy it". Oh, how I have changed!

2 Comments:

At Monday, June 16, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to see you again, Tanya.

It should be noted my superburn was not achieved with cochineal...

 
At Friday, June 20, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like it was a wonderful time! Wish i could have been there too.
Your SP12

 

Post a Comment

<< Home