By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

It's that time again! Secret Pal 12 is starting on June 15. Here is my questionnaire to help my pal get to know me.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love alpaca, silk and merino. I'm starting to have a liking to cotton and other plant fibers as well, especially with the summer weather approaching. I don't like acrylic or sparkly bling yarn.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I received a beautiful Lantern Moon needle case from SP9 but it really only holds my longer needles the best. My double points are spread all over the place and I have a hard time keeping track of them. As well, my round needles are just randomly hanging from things in my craft room. It's not a pretty sight.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I think I'd be intermediate to advanced depending on the technique. For example, I'm an advanced sock knitter but I'd be an intermediate fair isle knitter. I have been knitting since I was 5 years old (27 years!) and I learned the very basics from my Aunt. After that I taught myself.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No wish lists.

5. What's your favorite scent?
Nothing too floral or strong.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Dark chocolate, especially with nuts.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Spin, weave, and knit mostly. I've dabbled in scrapbooking, quilting and crochet as well.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I listen to many different kinds of music but mostly on my iPod I have artist like Jack Johnson, Shawn Mullins, Feist, Theresa Sokyrka. I like hearing music I've never heard before and find new and upcoming artists.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I wear a lot of brown but can't really say it's my favorite color. I do prefer earth tones of greens, blues and pinks. I really like orange and yellow as well but I can not wear them myself as they look horrible on me.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have been married for 5 years and we have yet to be blessed with children but we do have 2 fabulous dogs, Kozmo and Clancy.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves, hats, mittens but no ponchos. I do wear shawls once in a while.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks - you can see your progress fast, there is no sewing and you can never have too many pairs of socks.

13. What are you knitting right now?
It's a long list: 2 different pairs of socks, lace wrap, finger weight shawl, lace scarf, cardigan vest, dish cloth.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Love to!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
All of the above have a purpose for me. It depends on the project. I have recently switched to long circulars for sock knitting but sometimes I still really like to pull out my bamboo double points. I do prefer bamboo over plastic. For circulars I like addis but I've recently ordered a set of Knit Picks Harmony circulars and I'm excited to try those out.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, I own both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
About 1 yr old. I typically rip out projects that intend not to finish.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn and knitting books

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I subscribe to Interweave Knits and Spinning

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Improve on Fairisle stranded knitting; learn some knew weaving techniques with a rigid heddle.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes I am a sock knitter. My feet are 9.5" long and about 8" around. Size 8 ladies shoe.

23. When is your birthday?October 20

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes and my ID is byTanya.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home