By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Upgraded to Fiber Studio

I have upgraded my spinning room to my Fiber Studio!

With the addition of the weaving loom it is no longer simply a spinning area, but is used for weaving, fiber preparation, spinning and knitting.

Fiber Studio

That's a lot to do in this small oasis!

Shawl work in progress:
Loom stand in action

Two boxes of hand flicked Romney ready to be spun:
Flicked Romney

Spinning project underway:
DSCN0523.JPG

This is shetland lamb that was carded with tussah silk and spun into singles last year (brown on the right). Now I've carded some of Blossom's (one of Heidi's flock) fleece (Lincoln, Shetland cross) and am pulling it into roving through a diz before I spin it and ply it with the brown shetland. It's making a chunky natural looking wool I hope to knit into a jacket/cardigan for me this winter.

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 14, 2009, Blogger deirdre said...

What a fabulous, cozy space you've got there - and it's so tidy!!! (which of course says something about my home)

 
At Friday, January 16, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

enough I see to keep you busy during this cold weekend and upcoming snow storms... But then again, at the speed you work, you might not have enough!

Manon

 
At Thursday, January 22, 2009, Blogger Line (pronounced Lynn) said...

I am jealous of your spinning/weaving studio. It looks so inviting ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home