By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Monday, March 23, 2009

March Spin Along

I joined CJKopec's Put your own Twist on it spin along for March. You get to choose from 2 colorways that are only offered to the spin along participants. You can find out more info in CJ's group on Ravelry. Sign ups for April are still open.

The colorway I chose was Montana Moon. I spun it right off of the batt without any preparation or planning whatsoever. It paid off though, here are the results.

DSCN0660.JPG

DSCN0668.JPG

DSCN0669.JPG

DSCN0681.JPG

DSCN0671.JPG

DSCN0673.JPG

I've already signed up for April's spin a long too. I'm such a sucker for group stuff.

Speaking of group's, I'm finished my Mom's February Lady Sweater that I was knitting with the London-Wul gang. It's blocked but still needs buttons. Her bday is not until April 14 so I have plenty of time.

I've moved onto a vest for someone that I can't mention. The back is probably coming off the needles tonight, but on Thursday I'm flying out to NJ to visit some friends and I'm not taking it with me.

Travel projects include toe up socks, new boot socks and a Lace Ribbon Scarf out of Somoko from Fleece Artist. I purchased this back in the summer of 2007 on a trip to Halifax. I love the colors, almost too much, so it has taken me a long time to use it.

IMG_1453.JPG

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 24, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You heading down to visit Alana?

Curious about something Tan - will they let you take knitting needles as carry on?

 
At Tuesday, March 24, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your spinning is really nice. Have you already planned a project with this beauty?

Have a safe trip!
Manon

 
At Tuesday, March 24, 2009, Blogger Line (pronounced Lynn) said...

I love the colors of your new handspun. I have some Somoko I bought back in Halifax too. Maybe I should join you in a knit along for the scarf - since the pattern is from one of my favorite knitting designers ;-) See there you go, twisting my arm again.

Line.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home