By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Thursday, January 07, 2010

A New Year

I'm not going to dwell on how long it has been since I shared projects and stories with you on this blog. It is a new year so we will start fresh.

The first finished project on 2010 was Rosamund's Cardigan and it was for me. I finished up Christmas knitting early this year and rewarded myself for a new sweater to cast on Dec 23. It came off the needles Jan 4 and was blocked with buttons Jan 5 and worn on Jan 6! That is definitely a record for me. It was a combination of more knitting time plus focusing on this project only that allowed me to finish it so promptly. It was a fun knit and I love my new cardigan.

DSCN2444.JPG


Note: The pattern calls for it to be worn with reversible stocking stitch, or the ridges on the right side. I've chosen to wear it with the knit side as the right side and it works just as well.

I'm super stoked about the next project on the needles. Heidi is having a Designer knit a long so I've casted on Maimu's Mitten's by Nancy Bush from her book Folk Knitting in Estonia. I haven't even been out to the KAL group that meets on Sunday afternoon's at London-Wul yet due to sickness, Christmas and bad weather but last night at Line's place Catherine and Manon twisted my arm to cast on while I was knitting with them. They did a great job of helping me pick the yarn I was going to use and plan the project, but not much luck on the knitting. When I got home I looked at what I'd knit and tore it off the needles. It was way too sloppy and the point of this KAL for me is to learn and perfect some knew techniques. Home alone on my couch I conquered the Double Cast On and the Two Color Braids. Lesson learned is that I must stick to brainless knitting amoung friends.

DSCN2452.JPG

Tonight I conquer Nupps, or as Nancy translates them, bud stitches.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, January 07, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can attest that the sweater is not only nice, it's also very comfortable.

I see that you added the second braid on the re-started mid at the bottom of the cuff. Very pretty.

Manon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home