By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Introducing Rosie

It has been a long time since I've blogged and I miss it. Lots of new and exciting things have been happening but I think I'll just start with the present and move forward.

I've acquired two new wheels over the past few months but since they each deserve their own post I'll start with one for now.

The first is a Majacraft Rose that I bought from a lady in California and she came with a woolee winder and a ton of fibre. Well actually about 6lbs, but to a spinner that's a ton.

DSCN3156.JPG
The fluffy Pom didn't come with the wheel even though he could have fit in the box. That is our newest dog Zuma.

In addition to the fibre, there were two lazy kates, a book and 3 bobbins for the woolee winder.

DSCN3164.JPG

Rosie is beautiful and spins like a dream. I never thought I'd care to have a woolee winder, but now that I have one, they are worth the price.

She folds down and has a handle for carrying. However she is a bit on the heavy side and the beautiful wood is easy to dent so I also would like to have a second wheel for traveling with.

DSCN3169.JPG

Since I've got this wheel I've been spinning more than ever before. My previous Ashford Traveler was sold to a friend and is getting more use too than I was giving her, so we are all happy.

More pics of the arrival and set up the wheel can be found here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home