By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Did you miss me?

Hopefully you all have tons of other blogs to read (apparently Manon doesn't) and never even noticed I haven't been blogging, but I confess, I haven't.

Since I got back from California it has been full throttle at work, school and just make things even more fun I got the flu too! I didn't knit last week at all... can you believe it, 6 whole days, Monday to Saturday without knitting. When I did have a few minutes to spare, I was so sick I didn't even feel like knitting. If you know me very well that will put it into perspective for you.

I do have lots of projects on the needles. I'm way past my comfortable 3-4 projects on the go at once.

Here are the socks I'm making Mom for her birthday:
Heat waves in cotton

Heat waves in cotton
Only one finished so far. It's the first time I'm using cotton for socks and it's not as bad as I expected. I'm not a big fan of knitting with cotton, just a personal thing. The pattern is my own that I used before called Heat Waves. I have it typed up for test knitting but just have to make the second sock to confirm the heel. It works really well with self patterning yarn, even better than the varigated hand painted yarn I first used.

What else is on the go:

  • mittens with my own handspun (almost done spinning for the second mitt)
  • baby sweater with knitpicks wool in green (only have the back done)
  • socks for hubby (1 sock done, almost to the heel on 2nd)
  • socks for mom (1 sock done)
  • scarf for me in Pink/Brown fleece artist merino
  • scarf for gift in Rowan kidsilk haze I picked up in Freeport, MA
  • jacket for mom (1 sleeve left to do & sewing)

Lots to do, and I have a paper to write today. It's hard to concentrate on Employee commitment when I can't seem to commit myself LOL.

Yesterday afternoon I spent an hour spinning in what I've now dubed my spinning room. The sun was shining in and it was very relaxing and pieceful. I listened to Cast On, a podcast from Brenda Dayne who lives in England. I listened to Episode 44 which is from January and she has an interview with Lucy Neatby. I thought this was cool, considering Lucy is living in the maritimes, as am I, and I'm listening to Brenda who is all the way across the pond. What a small world we live in these days.

7 Comments:

At Sunday, March 25, 2007, Blogger AnnKnits said...

Very nice sock Tanya. Are you planning on marketing your pattern? I would love to give it a try. I too had a week where I did not knit much, I was sick and missed a week's work to boot. I haven't posted to my blog recently either. But I hope to post progress on a pair of socks I am knitting no later than tomorrow. Nice list of WIPs but did you drop your Myrtle Leaf Shawl from Victorian Lace Today or are you saving it for the KAL at the Wul Farm?

I listen to Brenda Dayne as well and enjoyed that podcast. I listen to several podcasts on my IPod when I am doing mundane things at work, they help make the day go faster. The boss doesn't mind and it passes the time.

Cheers!
Ann

 
At Sunday, March 25, 2007, Blogger deirdre said...

So nice to see you back - you have been missed!

And I love your sock pattern - looking forward to buying it from you...

 
At Sunday, March 25, 2007, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Glad to see you back to posting again! I love the sock you're doing for your mom - the colours are awesome!

I've signed up for the drop spindle class at London-Wul for April 15, and I can't wait. I even convinced a non-knitting/non-spinning friend of mine to come...she says she wants to start learning some new hobbies and I told her I'd even teach her to knit. She sounds excited, and I am too. I talked a bit to Heidi and told her I know absolutely nothing about spinning and she said that is great, that that is what they want - people who don't know. I really can't wait to take it. I was in the other day to sign up (and get some yarn of course) and saw the spindles and packs of fiber...I wanted to learn then and there, lol.

I haven't listened to any podcasts yet, but I think I'm going to gather up some and download to listen when I start work for the summer.

I totally understand the school thing, and having to do a paper. I'm supposed to be working on one for my Maritime History class that is due this Tuesday...I am really procrastinating and not wanting to do it...

I hope you're all over the flu now and able to get your studying done, as well as the spinning and knitting.

 
At Monday, March 26, 2007, Blogger Tanya said...

Thank you all for your compliments on the sock pattern. I do plan on sending it out and will let you know when it is ready. Should be within a week or two. Makes a great spring pattern, especially in this cotton colorway.

I did drop the Myrtle Leaf Shawl. I had to pull it back because of the mistake in the pattern anyway, and then I decided the alpaca I was using has a bit too much of a halo to do the pattern the justice it deserves. I will make that pattern at some point but probably with merino lace weight. For the KAL at London-Wul, I plan to make the Shetland shawl, but I haven't swatched so this could still change.

 
At Monday, March 26, 2007, Blogger AnnKnits said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog Tanya. You will absolutely love spinning with a wheel. I know Heidi will have no trouble winning you over. I was gone the minute I sat down, I am currently trying to resist buying a wheel. It would open an totally huge can of worms right now. Enjoy you day. You won't regret it.

I can hardly for your sock pattern, I know exactly who to knit a pair for. Let me know when you are ready to start selling it. I am in line to buy a copy.

Cheers,
Ann

 
At Monday, March 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truth has come out... I admit I don't have much of a life (but I have a wonderful yarn stash).

Nice sock you have there. Honnest to go, I thought you were holding up your foot against a t-fal frying pan for a nice black background; then I checked the second picture.

Getting into wheel spinning, Mwhawawawa...

Manon

 
At Tuesday, March 27, 2007, Blogger Tanya said...

So no one worries that I may have completely lost my mind, that is a stool that my foot is on, not a frying pan :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home