By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Pay it Forward for added Karma

Karma is a sum of all that an individual has done, is currently doing and will do. Karma is not about retribution, vengeance, punishment or reward, karma simply deals with what is. (Wikipedia: Karma)

When you receive a gift that is completely unsolicited and has no holiday, celebration or strings attached, it truly is a wonderful thing and must be from a wonderful person. When I returned home from San Francisco I had a parcel waiting for me from my previous Secret Pal and now knitting friend, Deirdre. We have never even met and she sent me a surprise package for no other reason other than to just send me a surprise package... that means a lot!

And look what it was:
Gift from Deirdre

A calendar with tons of dish cloth patterns, along with some cotton to make one. Can't forget the card as well, which was filled with kind words.

The calendar is now hanging proudly in my craft room. I took it down only briefly last night while I made these dish clothes for my step mom's birthday.
Dish cloths

So here is the challenge to us all. I'm naming April "Pay it Forward" month and I'm challenging everyone to send something large or small (the gift really doesn't matter, it's truly the thought that counts) to someone that will not be expecting a gift at all. So they should not have a birthday or celebration in April, if they do, pick someone else. The best part is that they don't expect anything. I'd love to learn what some of you did, so please comment if you have an idea of what you will do. If you have a blog, post about it and I'll link to you if you send me an email (byTanya at gmail dot com) letting me know. I'm hoping by wishing someone Happy Pay it Forward month, this could be infectious. Ohh, the Karma we will create!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 28, 2007, Blogger deirdre said...

I am so flattered to have started something like this - can't wait to see what people do for other people - thanks for the kind words, Tan...

 
At Saturday, March 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I like the idea and although I haven't found yet what to send to who, you've planted a seed here...

Just in case you're not sure who to suprised, I know someone who would loved to receive the Manon-sock pattern :)

Manon

 
At Monday, April 09, 2007, Blogger Tanya said...

Here's my pay it forward plan... I'm sending a friend in Ontario 2 home made dog tugs, one for each of her babies. Her and I haven't spoken much lately but she is always in my thoughts and I want to let her know that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home