By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Friday, April 27, 2007

My new arrival


I would like to introduce you to Juliet, my new Ashford Single Drive Traveller spinning wheel.



She has a castle wheel type which makes her semi portable and can spin almost anything. I purchased her on Tuesday at London-Wul and as of last night I had spun a 1/4 lb bag of blue/green polworth and I plied a spindle full of it as well. Pics to come soon of the skein, but trust me, it's a beautiful thing.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At Friday, April 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spinning is the equivalent of seedlings for gardeners: you don't do it to save money or time, you do it for the pleasure and the new possibilities...

Lots of doors just opened in front of you: carding your own blends, dyeing your own colours, creating specialty yarns (mwahwahwhawha...).

Manon

 
At Friday, April 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new wheel! I just bought mine a week ago! : ) Your wheel is beautiful!

 
At Friday, April 27, 2007, Blogger deirdre said...

Oh, it's beautiful, especially in the sunlight - can't wait to see your yarn! Congratulations!!

 
At Friday, April 27, 2007, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

It's gorgeous! How are you doing with your spinning? I'm still trying to get mine to look even and not so "fat"...you know like maybe sock yarn sized...also, I'm not sure how much I should spin before winding into a ball and starting another one to ply with the first one...any hints or tips...I'm still learning drop spindle?

 
At Sunday, April 29, 2007, Blogger AnnKnits said...

And this is my chance to say I knew you would, I knew you would. I recall either a post or and email from me that predicted this wonderful event. I love that you called her Juliet. If this is the one that Heidi had on display at the shop, it is possible that I actually might have taken her for a spin and if so I envy you so much because she is a lovely thing indeed. I would agree with your choice 100% and in fact once I get number one son married off in July, I will be visiting Heidi to discuss the adoption of a wheel of my own. I am so excited for you and can hardly wait to see your yarn.

Hope to see you Wednesday night, bring some of your yarn to show off so we can all go ooooo - ahhhhhhhh.

Ann

 
At Sunday, April 29, 2007, Blogger Line (pronounced Lynn) said...

Congratulations! Now I know why you didn't sign up for an MBA class this semester ;-)

 
At Tuesday, May 01, 2007, Blogger Tammy said...

Congratulations on the wheel. I just adore my Traveller. Can't wait to see what you spin up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home