By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Monday, April 09, 2007

Non-Garter Stitch non-Einstein KAL project completed

Last Sunday was the end of the London-Wul Einstein KAL and we all showed up with some finished and some not so finished projects. Mine of course was not the Einstein coat but was the Garter Stitch jacket from Fleece Artist, which I made using a stockinette stitch pattern.
IMG_0745.JPG


This is a gift for my Mom and it fits her quite nicely.
IMG_0743.JPG
I bought a beautiful shawl pin to go with it, which is also from Fleece Artist purchased at LW. Mom's birthday is this coming Saturday so she doesn't have the sweater yet, but I couldn't resist getting her to try it on last weekend when she was up visiting.

I got a ton of knitting done on the weekend. Checkout the completed projects in the side bar under On the Needles... plus I created two new patterns for socks that I'm knitting up now. I didn't mind be snowed in yesterday one bit.

5 Comments:

At Monday, April 09, 2007, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The jacket is wonderful! Looks like your mom will enjoy it. This coming Sunday is the drop spindle class at London-Wul, and I'm psyched! Can't wait!

I got a lot of knitting done yesterday too - worked on the scarf for my ISE4 pal and nearly finished a kids sock as well. That's the good thing about snow storms and not having to go out in them - lots of knitting time!

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007, Blogger deirdre said...

I was figuring that you would handle the snow well! Your jacket is gorgeous - the colour looks perfect for your mom, and I love the shawl pin!

Can't wait to see your sock patterns!

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the jacket is really nice indeed, congradulation!

I see that you have quite a lot of knitting on the go; could you be suffering from what the Yarn Harlot calls "startitis"?

Or are you just like me and lask willpower to resist "just another project"...

manon

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2007, Blogger AnnKnits said...

Tanya, I think I know your mother!!!!! Really!!!!!! You will not believe it!!!!! Contact me at realmessy@hotmail.com. We will chat.

Ann

 
At Monday, April 16, 2007, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Your mom looks gorgeous in her jacket!! What a great gift... I LOVE the pay it forward idea too...I'm going to have to put some thought into this one. I could use some good karma!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home