By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fibre friends are wonderful people!

I had the opportunity to spend a weekend with my maritime fibre friends at a Adair cabins in Kingston, NB a few weeks back. What an amazing time we had! How could it not be fun when you are surrounded by like minded people who enjoy knitting, spinning, dying and eating!

When I arrived we found an amazing fibre shop set up right in the Cabin.

DSCN3216.JPG

DSCN3228.JPG

It was Janet of the Bobbin Tree who brought all the wonderful goodness. I think it's save to say she left with quite a bit less than she arrived with :)

DSCN3221.JPG

Zuma was living it up with all the girls and he was lucky to get out without being dyed. In my cabin Jeff and Catherine were dying every piece of white fibre they could get their hands on, and when that ran out they even over-dyed again!

I didn't dye much but I did experiment with our new drum carder. I purchased some BFL and mohair locks from Janet and off I went. It spun up beautifully.

DSCN3231.JPG

DSCN3234.JPG

Thanks to Steph for all the arrangements and all the rest of the gang.

Can't wait until next year. Actually we don't have to... see you all at the Maritime Spinners Retreat in October!

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 03, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitively have to attend that weekend next year!

Nice to have you back on the blog,
MM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home